The roadshow will be held on Tuesday 9th April, from 10am – 4pm, at the Belong Heritage Gallery (formerly Maxim’s nightclub), Lower Street, Newcastle, ST5 2RS
Did you know that thanks to National Lottery players over £5 million has been raised to restore and celebrate Newcastle under Lyme’s heritage? Come and see the £1.8million Lottery funded transformation of the old Maxim’s nightclub site into the Belong Heritage Gallery and a roadshow of community heritage projects.
The day will mark the first anniversary of the Heritage Gallery with opportunities to:
- Discover a selection of project exhibitions and displays (10am-4pm)
- Hear memories of Newcastle with old maps and photos and share your memories in the Reminiscence Lounge (11am-1pm and 2-4pm)
- Join traditional pub games in the Old Pomona Inn from 2pm
- Take part in creative heritage-themed print making activities in the Arts & Crafts Studio (11am-1pm and 2-4pm)
- Watch a selection of local heritage films in The Venue (11am-1pm and 3-4pm)
- Browse books and the latest websites sharing archive photos and memories of Newcastle-under-Lyme in the Belong Library
- Pick up self-guided tours which include a free augmented reality app
- Explore the Unitarian Meeting House and discover what’s behind the blue door (open 11am -3:30pm)
- Join a thirty minute guided tour of the new Belong village at 3:30pm (pre-booking required); call 01782 986300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy tea and birthday cake in Samuel Bell’s Tea Room!
Food and drink can also be purchased all day in The Bistro.